Danielle from Devel brought ‘Flat Lays’ to my attention a couple months back via Instagram in a series of colour challenges labelled #flatlayfridaychallenge. Ever since then I have been a little obsessed but kind of scared to put together my own UNTIL yesterday. Yesterday I thought why not? I’ve been so sick of the endless selfies on my profile; I want to start mixing things up a little bit by adding a few flat lays and more food photos.
What is a ‘flat lay’? For me it would be arranging/showcasing items in an orderly or randomized fashion that appeals to you on a flat surface. Whether it’s super organized or items randomly placed, it’s really up to you. Then snap a photo from a bird’s eye view perspective (#technicalterm) and there you have it! Easy.
This week I’m running through a couple of my favourites and of course the underlying theme is pink. Here a run through of each item – if you follow me on Instagram you would have seen these items pop up on my stories and/or my profile.
1. Unicorn/Magical Makeup Bag from K-mart: What can I say? I’m sucker for anything that’s pink and glittery.. I saw this on one of my infamous k-mart shops with Mum and fell in love with it. I haven’t used it much yet because it’s so pretty and I don’t want to ruin it BUT it will be my make-up bag soon enough.
2. Hell Bunny Pink Belt from Kabella Baby: I saw an Instagram post from one of my great friends, Rachel, wearing this amazing belt a couple of months ago. I had to have one immediately so I bought it the next day.. I do not regret this purchase at all, I am a huge fan of this style of Hell Bunny belt and now own it in three different colours and wear them on a daily basis! Plus it’s pink..
3. Fun Lovin’ Frenchie Brooch by Erstwilder: I have LOVED Grease for the longest time and when Erstwilder announced that they were coming out with a Grease collection I knew I had to get my hands on one! And I did! I’ve been loving my Frenchie and have put together a series of photos that should be on my Instagram.
4. Ice cream & Doughnut brooch from Bel Air Baby: I just love Bel Air Baby. I’ve been wearing these bad boys at least three times a week. There is something so cute about them, they just go with every outfit and they really make me happy.
5. Chocolate Doughnuts: If you know anything about me you’ll know that I freaking LOVE doughnuts. On Monday I went into my local bakery to pick up some snacks for my girl Xamia Arc and saw these HUGE doughnuts for $2.60 so I bought two. They are so freaking good; they don’t taste super fried (more bready than anything) and the chocolate is so sweet not a conventional doughnut but still super good. I mean.. look at it.
6. S’well Bottle 500ml: I’ve seen these everywhere lately! And as it was recently Plastic Free July I thought I’d pick one of these bad boys up to reduce plastic waste. I’m so glad I bought it too! I’ve been using it 24/7; it keeps cold water cold for 24 hours and hot water hot for 12. I love that! I’m so excited to use it in the Summer time. I highly recommend purchasing one of these.
I hope you enjoyed my little write up and please let me know some of your favourites down below! ❤